Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
The Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute (HUPTI) is seeking Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work with other professionals and support staff.
HUPTI is the nation’s 8 proton therapy facility and the largest free-standing proton clinic in the world. The state-of-the-art treatment and research center has four gantry rooms and one fixed beam room. HUPTI has been treating prostate, brain, lung, pediatric, head and neck, breast, CNS and other cancers since August 2010. HUPTI uses IBA’s Proteus 235 proton therapy delivery system, VeriSuite for IGTR, Mosaiq Oncology Information System (Elektra), Eclipse Proton Treatment Planning system (Varian) and 4D-PET/CT for simulation (Philips).
The Registered Nurse or the Licensed Practical Nurse provides patient care during the course of radiotherapy treatment within scope of licensure. This position reports to the Nursing Operation Manager, with Medical Director oversight.
- Helping prepare patients before treatment by obtaining patient medical histories and demographics
- Assisting with medical record management
- Preparing patients for examinations, obtaining vital signs, and potentially assisting physicians during exams
- Drawing blood as directed by physicians
- Preparing exam rooms and equipment
- Ensuring that clinic supply needs are communicated and received
- Scheduling patient follow up appointments
- Ensuring patient flow and schedules are effective and efficient
- Assisting in obtaining pre-authorizations as needed for insurance verification, and/or provide clinical information in order to assist Financial Counselors.
- Communicating with patients regarding management of potential side effects
- Providing education, and assisting in addressing patient care concerns.
- Communicating with other physicians and medical offices as needed for patient care
- Maintaining up-to-date and orderly patient records
- Ensuring that proper procedures, safety and quality assurance requirements are met
- Other duties as assigned
The applicant must possess a current respective Virginia RN or LPN license (oncology certified nurse preferred) and have a previous healthcare experience in a hospital or busy physician practice (oncology experience is strongly preferred).
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for employment with the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute, send your completed application form and current resume to:
Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute
40 Enterprise Parkway
Hampton, VA 23666
You can also email your application materials to: email@example.com