Patient Relations and Outreach Liaison
Patient Relations and Outreach Liaison implements the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute’s (HUPTI) mission through community awareness, in-reach and outreach programs, intake and assessment, customer/patient relations, mission delivery, evaluation and quality improvement for patient care and support.
Patient Relations and Outreach Liaison will partner with the physicians, nursing and other HUPTI Managers and staff involved in patients’ care to ensure patients have a quality care and positive experience. This position serves as a liaison with patients, who assists understanding their needs and helps to facilitate those needs.
This position, in collaboration with marketing, will support outreach initiatives to enhance the image of HUPTI. The position will collaborate with marketing to provide back end support for all outreach efforts and initiatives. This position reports to the Director of Marketing
This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Outreach and Development Backend Support:
- Serve as a liaison with cancer support communities’ program staff, as well as program counterparts across the country.
- Responsible for identifying and scheduling initial meetings for Marketing Outreach efforts. (doctors’ groups, churches, organizations and or other community partners)
- Ensure all marketing materials needed for external events and meetings are gathered for Marketing presentations.
- Responsible for follow-up from meetings and events (sending literature, setting up follow up meetings/presentations. etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Patient Relations Coordination:
- Keep office adjacent to clinic waiting room with full time “open door” policy for patients.
- Provide HUPTI patient support and navigation, serve as patient liaison.
- Plan and facilitate patient orientations for new patients and their families.
- Ensure all patients understand the patient intake process.
- Meet with every patient during their treatment process to follow-up on patient satisfaction, or the continuity of care or to answer any questions.
- Solicit feedback from patients regarding their experience via patient satisfaction surveys.
- Perform exit interviews of each patient
- Review and report satisfaction survey results and maintain patient satisfaction database
- Address patient complaints and compliments of facility
Patient/Employee event planning:
- Be responsive to patient questions and/or concerns during the duration of their care and treatment at HUPTI.
- Facilitate graduation celebrations – planning. coordination and executing
- Plan and facilitate regular patient Ambassador Society’s meetings, fellowship events and correspondences on behalf of HUPTI
- Lead the planning and executing of Potluck events on quarterly basis (patient and/or Employee)
- Recruit new ambassadors to primary list
- Ensure coffee and water are available for patients in waiting areas or designated areas
- Coordinated internal outreach events and programs
- Complete monthly newsletter and post within internal areas (breakrooms, copy rooms, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Liaise with patients:
- Provide patient information packets.
- Prepare annual mailings of graduates.
- Assist patients in completing applications for need-based assistance.
- Maintain knowledge of community services and resources available to patients.
- Solicit community organizations’ support to facilitate patient care.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate should have a Bachelor of Arts degree in public relations, communications or a related field.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- 3 years of experience in public relations, development, outreach or a related field.
- Experience managing outreach programs and budgets.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism required.
- Strategic and proficient at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through while remaining highly energetic and focused.
- Ability to effectively gain the respect and support of various constituencies, including board, staff members, high level community stakeholders to include elected officials.
- Ability to thrive under pressure while working on multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to set priorities, and adjust when priorities change.
- Strong writing, problem solving, decision-making and research skills are required.
- Ability to plan special-events.
- Must have valid driver’s license and daily access to reliable transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for employment with the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute, send your completed application form and current resume to:
Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute
40 Enterprise Parkway
Hampton, VA 23666
You can also email your application materials to: email@example.com