Patient Relations and Outreach Liaison
Patient Relations and Outreach Liaison implements the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute’s (HUPTI) mission through community awareness, in-reach and outreach programs, intake and assessment, customer/patient relations, mission delivery, evaluation and quality improvement for patient care and support.
This position, in collaboration with marketing, will plan, develop and implement a range of outreach initiatives to enhance the image of HUPTI. The position will collaborate with marketing campaigns; provide input for developing high-level marketing and communications plans, and for a variety of outreach initiatives.
Patient Relations and Outreach Liaison will partner with the physicians, nursing and other HUPTI Managers and staff involved in patients’ care to ensure patients have a quality care and positive experience. This position serves as a liaison with patients, who assists understanding their needs and helps to facilitate those needs.
This position reports to the Executive Director at HUPTI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Outreach and Development:
- Plan, lead and implement programs, forums and presentations to expand proton therapy education and close gaps with various medical services providers while improving social and medical support of HUPTI.
- Develop public relations programs to improve proton therapy treatment availability, as well as supporting the HUPTI mission and growth plan.
- Build and sustain strong relationships with hospitals, medical specialists, medical oncology groups, nonprofit partners to include global, national and local cancer organizations, and other community partners to expand HUPTI’s visibility and impact.
- Serve as the primary liaison with cancer support communities’ program staff, as well as program counterparts across the country.
- Track HUPTI’s in-reach and outreach effectiveness and program performance, compile accurate information for reports based on a defined performance metric to maximize productivity, and ensure growth.
- Assist in the development of grants and proposals to support HUPTI’s fundraising agenda and assist with mandated reporting requirements for grant initiatives and other targeted funding sources.
- Communicate HUPTI’s branded message internally and externally, and represent the Institute in community meetings and through collaborations with other stakeholders.
- Represent the in-reach and outreach program services in external funder/partner meetings, and internal committee meetings.
- Participates in community and organization meetings as an HUPTI Ambassador, specifically working with referral sources or community resources.
- Provide HUPTI presentations at educational booths, public speaking engagements, radio and TV interviews/highlights at community/faith-based health forums and health fairs to include HUPTI “Live Your Life” forums.
- Provide outreach and educational support and presentations at the churches, and other national and regional external organizations.
- Collaborate with marketing in public outreach.
Patient Relations Coordination:
- Keep office adjacent to clinic waiting room with full time “open door” policy for patients.
- Provide HUPTI patient support and navigation, serve as patient liaison.
- Plan and facilitate patient orientations for new patients and their families.
- Ensure all patients understand the patient intake process.
- Meet with every patient during their treatment process to follow-up on patient satisfaction, or the continuity of care or to answer any questions.
- Solicit feedback from patients regarding their experience via patient satisfaction surveys.
Patient event planning:
- Be responsive to patient questions and/or concerns during the duration of their care and treatment at HUPTI.
- Facilitate graduation celebrations
- Plan and facilitate regular patient Ambassador Society’s meetings and fellowship events.
Liaise with patients:
- Provide patient information packets.
- Prepare annual mailings of graduates.
- Assist patients in completing applications for need-based assistance.
- Maintain knowledge of community services and resources available to patients.
- Solicit community organizations’ support to facilitate patient care.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate should have a Bachelor of Arts degree in public relations, communications or a related field.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- 3 years of experience in public relations, development, outreach or a related field.
- Experience managing outreach programs and budgets.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism required.
- Strategic and proficient at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through while remaining highly energetic and focused.
- Ability to effectively gain the respect and support of various constituencies, including board, staff members, high level community stakeholders to include elected officials.
- Ability to thrive under pressure while working on multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to set priorities, and adjust when priorities change.
- Strong writing, problem solving, decision-making and research skills are required.
- Ability to plan special-events.
- Must have valid driver’s license and daily access to reliable transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for employment with the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute, send your completed application form and current resume to:
Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute
40 Enterprise Parkway
Hampton, VA 23666
You can also email your application materials to: email@example.com