The Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute (HUPTI) is a non-profit cancer treatment center located in Hampton, Virginia that specializes in proton therapy. HUPTI is looking for an outstanding Medical Physicist to join our team.
HUPTI is the nation’s 8th proton therapy facility and the largest freestanding proton clinic in the world. The state-of-the-art treatment and research center has four gantry rooms and one fixed beam room. HUPTI has been treating prostate, brain, lung, pediatric, head and neck, breast, CNS and other cancers since August 2010. HUPTI uses IBA’s ProteusPlus proton therapy delivery system, VeriSuite for IGRT, Mosaiq Oncology Information System (Elektra), Eclipse Proton Treatment Planning System (Varian), and 4D-PET/CT and MRI for simulation.
HUPTI’s ProteusPlus system is equipped with IBA’s universal nozzles. We are using Uniform Scanning, Double Scattering, and Pencil Beam Scanning treatment delivery techniques in our treatment rooms.
HUPTI Medical Physicists report to the Executive Director. Physics staff must be accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the HUPTI’s medical physics practice.
- Work with other physics staff and perform general medical physics duties pertaining to operating a proton radiotherapy clinic.
- Perform measurements or other evaluations as necessary to ensure accurate dose delivery for (proton radiotherapy) treatments.
- Participate in commissioning and testing of all proton therapy equipment.
- Perform (Varian Eclipse) computer treatment plan checks and assist with planning as needed.
- Conduct and participate in departmental research and development projects.
- Ensure all radiation safety standards and regulatory requirements are met.
- Strong knowledge of a Treatment Planning System and an Oncology Information System is required.
- Ph.D. or an M.S. degree in physics, medical physics, other physical science, engineering, or applied mathematics.
- At least 4 years of full-time medical physics experience. Proton therapy experience is preferred.
- ABR/ABMP board certification or board eligibility is preferred
- Minor weight lifting (i.e., to handle aperture, compensator, QA devices, etc. ~ 25 – 50 lb.) required.
Candidate may send a copy of the filled out Application Form and their resume to the attention of Dr. Vahagn Nazaryan, Executive Director, at Vahagn.Nazaryan@hamptonproton.org
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for employment with the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute, send your completed application form and current resume to:
Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute
40 Enterprise Parkway
Hampton, VA 23666
You can also email your application materials to: email@example.com