The Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute (HUPTI) is seeking a Medical Dosimetrist to work with other professionals and support staff.
HUPTI is the nation’s 8th proton therapy facility and the largest free-standing proton clinic in the world. The state-of-the-art treatment and research center has four gantry rooms and one fixed beam room. HUPTI has been treating prostate, brain, lung, pediatric, head and neck, breast, CNS and other cancers since August 2010. HUPTI uses IBA’s Proteus 235 proton therapy delivery system, VeriSuite for IGTR, Mosaiq Oncology Information System (Elektra), Eclipse Proton Treatment Planning system (Varian) and 4D-PET/CT for simulation (Philips).
Our Proteus 235 system is equipped with IBA’s universal nozzles. We are using Uniform Scanning, Double Scattering, and Pencil Beam Scanning treatment delivery techniques in our treatment rooms.
The Medical Dosimetrist will work with other dosimetry and physics staff in the general medical dosimetry duties pertaining to operating a proton radiotherapy clinic. The prospective candidate will participate in all treatment planning related tasks including assistance in the simulation and preparation for treatment-ready documentation in the oncology information system.
In collaboration with other professional and support staff, the HUPTI Medical Dosimetrist will:
- Ensure optimal care/treatment to patient population.
- Design a treatment plan by mean of primarily computer computation to determine a treatment field technique that will deliver the prescribed radiation dose while taking into consideration dose-limiting structures.
- Perform calculations for accurate delivery of the Radiation Oncologist’s prescribed dose.
- Document pertinent information in the patient record.
- Work with the radiation therapists and staff in the implementation of the patient treatment plans, including: the correct use of the immobilization devices, compensators, bolus, field arrangement, and other treatment variables.
- Verify the mathematical accuracy of all calculations using a system established by the Medical Physicists
- Ensure proper documentation is recorded and maintained.
- Uphold, maintain, and establish adequate protocols to ensure accurate patient dosimetry
- Must have graduated from a dosimetry educational program at an approved institution
- ABMD board certification preferred
- Clinical dosimetry experience preferred
- Familiarity with Eclipse treatment planning system and Mosaiq Oncology Information System
- Experience in proton radiotherapy is preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for employment with the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute, send your completed application form and current resume to:
Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute
40 Enterprise Parkway
Hampton, VA 23666
You can also email your application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org