Medical Billing Coordinator
The Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute (HUPTI) is a non-profit cancer treatment center located in Hampton, Virginia that specializes in proton therapy. HUPTI is recruiting an outstanding Medical Billing Coordinator to join our team.
HUPTI is the nation’s 8th proton therapy facility and the largest freestanding proton clinic in the world. The state-of-the-art treatment and research center has four gantry rooms and one fixed beam room. HUPTI has been treating prostate, brain, lung, pediatric, head and neck, breast, CNS and other cancers since August 2010. HUPTI uses IBA’s Proteus 235 proton therapy delivery system, VeriSuite for IGRT, Mosaiq Oncology Information System (Elektra), Eclipse Proton Treatment Planning system (Varian) and 4D-PET/CT for simulation (Philips).
The Medical Billing Coordinator will assist in the day-to-day accounting functions of the institute in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to health care. The role will also assist the institute with its medical coding compliance by providing analysis, auditing, investigation, recommendations, research, and other support to ensure observance or conformity with official coding policies, regulations, requirements, and standards to prevent or recapture lost revenue from healthcare operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementing the day-to-day functions of the patient’s billing.
- Assist with the implementation of written policies and procedures.
- Assure that patient information records are appropriately filled.
- Responsible for properly coding physician encounters; must be able to code from operative reports; assist research of coding denials.
- Exporting charges to billing company and reconciling charges on a daily basis.
- Document and verify sufficient support for charges are captured in the oncology information system.
- Discuss coding changes with doctors and staff as need.
- Assist in reconciling statements as directed.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Assist in preparing financial and statistical reports as directed.
- Develop and utilize computer reports and output.
- Assist in preparing and implementation of changes in our accounting system as necessary.
- Perform functions of computer processing as necessary.
- Maintain billing and payment log. Responsible for completing all Medicare billing forms and back-up information required.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma
- Associates Degree, preferred
- Certified Medical Coder
- Experience with Medicare, Anthem and other major insurance payers
- Experience in health care accounting
- Knowledge of medical terminology; ICD-10 coder, CPT and HCPCS
- MOSAQI system experience preferred but not required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize needs in order to meet timelines
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills in order to acquire needed information and maintain cooperative working relationships with physicians and staff
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, spreadsheet knowledge, and computer applications used for patient information data entry required
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for employment with the Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute, send your completed application form and current resume to:
Hampton University Proton Therapy Institute
40 Enterprise Parkway
Hampton, VA 23666
You can also email your application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org